Whitsundays Great Barrier Reef Adventures
The Great Barrier Reef is 2600 km long stretching from the Torres Strait in the north, along the east coast of Queensland to Lady Elliot Island in the south. The Whitsundays Great Barrier Reef Adventures departs from Airlie Beach in the beautiful Whitsundays. Airlie Beach is on the Queensland coast between Townsville and Mackay. This tour can also pick up passengers from Hamilton Island on the way to the Great Barrier Reef.
We have two pontoons at two different Whitsundays reef sites. The majority of our day cruises visit Hardy Reef, but if you’re booking large groups or visting on a cruise ship, we will usually take you to Knuckle Reef Lagoon. The pontoons have a choice of areas to relax and a great range of activities. There is undercover seating and tables, sun decks for topping up the tan, freshwater showers, change rooms and full access to the air conditioned comfort of our reef vessel. There are numerous ways to explore the reef, from the underwater viewing chamber, to the semi-submersible submarines, or snorkelling like a fish beneath the sea!
The Whitsundays pontoons are adjacent to coral walls, the length of which you can explore. The sites have their own ecosystem with magnificent corals and a diversity of marine life found only in sheltered areas, providing a unique world for you to explore. The prolific fish life will surprise and delight you – especially the giant groper!
Whitsundays Great Barrier Reef Adventures inclusions:
- Unbelievable snorkeling with all gear provided
- An innovative and spacious reef pontoon
- Semi-submarine boat ride
- Underwater viewing chamber
- Waterslide and activities for the kids
- All you can eat buffet lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Presentations by reef experts
- FREE wetsuit usage
- Sun deck for topping up your tan
- Complimentary coach pickup and drop off at your Airlie Beach hotel, hostel or resort.
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Introductory and certified scuba diving
- Guided snorkel tours
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 14 years of age
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
Please note: changes may occur due to flight schedule changes and other factors.
Where a day cruise is cancelled we will send notification to the contact details provided at the time of your booking.
Itinerary is subject to prevailing weather and sea conditions including tides, wind swell, sun and rain. The Captain of the vessel must at his discretion determine the most appropriate course to ensure acceptable levels of safety and comfort for passengers, crew and other vessels.
SCUBA DIVING - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record.
We have a passion at Reef Experience to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our Dive Medical Questionnaire prior to booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. Age restrictions will also apply to any diver training courses.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience. We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact us
Or alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms AS.4005.1
FLYING AND SCUBA DIVING
You should not travel to high altitude (fly or drive above 8000 feet) within 18 hours of completing a single scuba dive or 24 hours after multiple dives OR after any 'deep' dive. (A deep dive is any dive over 18 meters/60 feet). We recommended leaving a minimum of 24 hours after your last scuba dive before flying. You can fly and then dive the same day, but not dive and then fly. On the last day of your tour your final dive will be finished by around 12 noon. Please consider this when arranging ongoing travel plans which include flying or driving to altitude. Flying any time after 12 noon the following day is recommended.