Your Cooktown Discovery journey takes you along the scenic Great Barrier Reef Drive from Cairns. The only place in the world where two World Heritage locations meet! You’ll travel between the two – the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest. Your experienced guide will teach you all about the natural environment and history of this incredible region.
Cross the mighty Daintree River on the cable ferry. Continuing on, you’ll stop off at Cape Tribulation for a delicious morning tea. travel off the beaten path on the Bloomfield Track – only accessible by 4WD. Traverse the jungle river crossings and steep mountain ranges. Stopping in at the world-famous Lions Den Hotel. One of Queensland’s iconic pubs built in 1875!
Discover the history of Cooktown
In the early afternoon, you will arrive in Cooktown. This is the site of Captain Cook’s landing in 1770. You’ll learn all about the history of this event. You will visit Grassy Hill – enjoy spectacular panoramic views. Gaze down upon the township, the Coral Sea and Endeavour River.
Stroll through the town at your own pace while you enjoy some free time. A transfer to Cooktown Airport is included for your 5:45 pm scenic flight back to Cairns.
To experience Cooktown in 2 days – click HERE.
- Cross the Daintree River by Cable Ferry. Cape Tribulation and the 4WD only Bloomfield Track. Learn about the intricacies of this fragile Eco-system. Travel through this remote and beautiful environment.
- Cross rivers and mountain ranges. Lunch at the famous Lions Den Hotel. Visit the mysterious Black Mountains. Have your camera ready for the 360-degree views from Grassy Hill of the Coral Sea, Endeavour River and Cooktown.
- Enjoy up to 2 hours to explore historical Cooktown. Then your scenic flight to Cairns with Hinterland Aviation. Spectacular views along the Daintree Coast and the Great Barrier Reef.
- Arrive at Cairns General Aviation Airport. (Transfers not included to your accommodation).
- Experienced driver/guide
- Scenic coastal drive in 4WD air-conditioned vehicle
- Daintree River ferry crossing
- World Heritage Daintree National Park
- 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Morning tea and lunch
- The iconic Lions Den Hotel
- Grassy Hill Lookout
- Free time in Cooktown
- Return flight to Cairns